Charlie’s Hundies or Undies Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Starts: 1/8/17; ends: 11/9/17. Entrants must be NZ residents, 18yrs+. To enter buy any Charlies 1L, 1.5L or 2L product with a specially marked neck tag. Text unique code and your first name to 311 ie. ‘1234ABC Charlie’. Multiple entries allowed. Each unique code can only be used once. Daily Prize draws start 2/8/17 to 12/9/17 inc. 25 x daily prize winners. Prizes awarded randomly from prize pool (50 x $100NZ Cash Prizes & 1000 x pairs Charlie’s Undies). Total prize pool value: $34,950 RRP. Winners notified within 2 business days of draw by text message. Valid receipt & neck tag required to claim prize. Promoter: The Better Drinks Co Limited, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Full T&Cs: www.charlies.co.nz .
1. This Promotion is being run on behalf of The Better Drinks Co Limited, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand (the “Promoter”).
2. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions.
3. The Promotion is only open to entrants who are individuals who: (i) are legal residents of New Zealand living in New Zealand; (ii) are 18 years of age or older; (iii) are not directors or employees of the Promoter or any of its related companies or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion (“Associated Person”); and (iv) are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an Associated Person.
4. The Promotion commences at 12:01am on 1 August 2017 and closes at 12:00 (midnight) on the 11 September 2017 (“Entry Period”). No entries will be accepted outside of the Entry Period.
5. To enter, an eligible entrant must, within the Entry Period:
(i) Purchase from any participating retail outlet one (1) of any Charlie’s 1L, 1.5L or 2L product range, with a specially marked promotional neck tag; and
(ii) Text in the Unique Code followed by a space and then their First Name to short code 311 using their mobile phone. Unique code found printed on the reverse of the neck tag. Texts will be charged at the usual rate charged by each Entrant’s telecommunications provider, and the Promoter will not be liable for this cost under any circumstance. Example of the text entry: 1234ABC Charlie
6. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
7. Only mobile handsets operating on a New Zealand mobile network that supports the use or function of texting to a short code or business marking code can interact with this Promotion. Any mobile numbers operating on networks outside of New Zealand will not be entered into the Promotion. Please check with your mobile network provider for any issues that are handset or mobile account related.
8. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including any internet or SMS communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, any such communications; or (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion.
9. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant: (i) fails to establish that he or she is an eligible entrant (in accordance with clause 3 above); (ii) tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; (iii) submits an entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions; or (iv) fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
10. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following:
a) only one (1) valid unique code submitted per entry;
b) each valid unique code can only be submitted once;
c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements
11. The neck tag and original receipt of purchase must be kept as proof of purchase to be able to claim a prize. Failure to produce the original receipt when and as requested by the Promoter, may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in the invalidation of all of an entrant’s entries in the promotion, and forfeiture of any right to a prize. The receipt must clearly show the date of purchase is prior to the date of entry into the promotion.
12. There will be one (1) daily draw conducted for entries received each day of the Entry Period, for a total of 42 x draws (“Daily Draws”). Entries into each Daily Draw will open at 12:01am and close at 12:00 midnight each day. Each daily draw will take place at 10:00am on the business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 2/08/2017 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 12/09/2017. Entries in each Daily Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s).
13. There will be 25 winners drawn in each Daily Draw. Winners will be drawn randomly from all valid entries received for each applicable Daily Draw. Additional reserve entries will be drawn daily and recorded in order at each Daily Draw in case an invalid or ineligible entrant is drawn, or a prize is unclaimed.
14. In the event that 25 valid Winners cannot be drawn in any Daily Draw, an additional prize draw will take place at the end of the Entry Period on 13/09/17 at 10:00 am. All valid entries from the Entry Period will be eligible for this draw. An additional number of entries will be drawn to ensure that 1050 Prizes can be awarded to entrants.
15. Daily prizes will be randomly allocated to drawn winners.
16. There are a total of 1050 prizes.
-50 x NZD$100 Cash prizes and
-1,000 pairs of Charlies Branded Fashion Undies valued at $29.95 each. (500 x Male cut & fit. 500 x Female cut & fit.)
The total prize pool is valued at $34,950 NZD (inc GST).
17. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and binding and no correspondence in respect of such decisions will be entered into.
18. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied. If for any reason a winner does not accept their prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that prize will be forfeited and cash will not be supplied instead. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
19. In the event that any aspect of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute that aspect of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
20. Each Winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the daily draw by the phone number (text message) registered in the entry submission.
21. For winning entries, the only person entitled to claim the prize is the Entrant who owns the mobile handset used to submit the winning text.
22. Winners of $100 Cash prize will have their cash payment deposited into their nominated bank account (one (1) bank account in their name only). Winners will be asked to supply their bank account details including; Name on Account and 16 digit Account Number. Please allow up to 28 days for cash payments to be processed.
23. Winners of the Charlie’s Branded Fashion Undies can choose to receive a Men’s or Women’s Undie style from a selection of sizes. If the requested selection is unavailable, winners will receive the next available option. Winners will be requested to provide a physical delivery address; no PO Box addresses are permitted. Prizes will be sent via Courier service. Please allow up to 28 days from the end of the Entry Period to receive delivery of prize.
24. If any prize: (i) is not claimed by the winning entrant within three (3) weeks of the relevant prize draw; or (ii) is forfeited for any reason, the subject prize will be awarded to another entrant (see Clause 13).
25. Winners agree to their name and/or photograph being used for the purpose of publicising the Promotion and its winners.
26. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Promotion.
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including, without limitation, allergies, skin conditions or other reactions), illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
29. Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to 0800 99 22 44.
30. The laws of New Zealand apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.